The Sports Injury Room
Sports physiotherapy is about the treatment and diagnosis of all sports injuries which most commonly occur due to poor training, inadequate warm up, lack of conditioning or poor biomechanics. Our physiotherapists are keen sports enthusiasts and know what a sports injury feels like and how it affects your general wellbeing.
Your injury will not only be treated symptomatically to help alleviate the local problem and pain, but we will identify the cause of the problem and rehabilitate your individual needs helping you get better safer and faster to help you avoid further injuries.
Early assessment and treatment intervention helps to optimise patients recovery time.The Physiotherapy Rooms can provide prompt treatment to speed recovery. We can work closely with your GP, Consultant and, with your consent, keep them advised of your treatment. The physiotherapist will use a combination of evidenced based hands on treatment with a specific rehabilitation program tailored to the specific needs of each client.
The sports injury room is not just for the elite athlete, but also for sedentary people looking for a better quality of life and have just began a sports program or the more senior client who has that "niggling" pain that needs managing.
Example of conditions treated
- Running or activity related knee and back problems
- Swimming related shoulder pain
- Hip pain
- Shin splints
- Sprains and strains to ligaments and muscles
- plantar fasciitis
- "Tennis" and "golfers" elbow
- Patella femoral knee pain
- Cruciate ligament injuries to the knee
- Achilles tendonitis (tendinopathy)
- Groin strain
- Shoulder impingement and pain
- Ankle sprain
- Iliotibial band syndrome
- sacroiliac joint disorders
- Wrist, hand and finger injuries
- Sporting neck and back pain
- Post surgical rehabilitation
- Thoracic and chest pain
- Knee problems
Prices for sports injury treatments
Prices for sports injuries are comparable with those advertised in the musculoskeletal pain room